Rhino 4.0 Educational
Download: Available in your account immediately after purchase.
Look for similar items
Full version, academic pricing for students and teachers in Ireland only.
Please read the following important notices:
- Boxed product will be sent to your shipping address.
- Only students and faculty members (teachers, instructors, and professors) in Ireland who can provide proof of their current academic status are eligible to purchase this software.
- This educational license can be used for either educational or commercial activities but is not transferable (cannot be sold or transferred to another user).
Please Note: Installation is for one PC only.
NEW Rhino 4 Educational - Now Available at Software4Students.ie!
NURBS modeling for PC users
McNeel's Rhinoceros 4 software is an extremely capable surface modeller commonly used by designers, architects, engineers and manufacturers in Ireland and worldwide. Students in Ireland aspiring to become designers need to become familiar with the tools that the professionals use to develop their designs. Rhino simply offers the best value for money to students and teachers looking for the best NURBS* modeling solution. Software4Students.ie is thrilled to make this popular solution available with a special price for students and teachers - so that you do not have to spend a fortune to use the best software!
Rhino can create, edit, analyse, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids with no limits on complexity, degree, or size. Rhino also supports polygon meshes and point clouds.
- Uninhibited free-form 3 D modeling
- Extreme precision
- Unrestricted editing
- 2D drafting, annotation, and illustration
- Large project organisation
- Short learning curve
* Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines (NURBS) are mathematical representations of 3-D geometry that can accurately describe any shape from a simple 2D line, circle, arc, or curve to the most complex 3D organic free-form surface or solid. Because of their flexibility and accuracy, NURBS models can be used in any process from illustration and animation to manufacturing.
Rhinoceros 4.0 - Features
Rhino is capable of reading & writing data in most industry-standard 2D & 3D formats so your designs can be communicated easily. And there is even more good news! Software4Students is offering Rhino 4 educational at a special price so that you do not have to spend a fortune on 2D/3D modeling software. McNeel's Rhinoceros can run on ordinary hardware and does not involve any maintenance fees.
Equally at home as a stand alone application or as a companion to parametric solid modeling programs, Rhino features uninhibited free-form 3D modeling tools that allow you to accurately model any shape you can imagine.
Rhino 4.0 is the most significant upgrade in the history of Rhino, with hundreds of new features and enhancements.
- Modeling enhancement include robust variable blend tools, improved Booleans, and G-infinity blending.
- Editing new features include UDT for free-form deformation of all geometry types, feature recognition for solids editing and history for editing surfaces by changing their input curves.
- Interface enhancements including SmartTrack technology, heads up prompts, advanced tooltips, and live help with video clips.
- Display enhancements take advantage of the latest graphic card technology to provide a major speed improvement, custom advanced display modes, new analysis tools, dual-screen support, and stereo.
- Rendering and animation enhancements including faster basic rendering, advanced texture mapping tools, updated Flamingo and Penguin, Brazil r/s, and new third-party renderers from V-Ray and Maxwell Render.
- Mesh modeling, editing, analysis, repair, and rapid prototyping. Major enhancements in mesh creation and editing. Also many new tools for STL repair and 3-D printing.
- 2-D drawing/drafting tools including line styles, line weights, hidden lines, dimensions, hatching, page layout and printing/plotting.
- Analysis with new tools for both measurement and display. Also enhanced tools detecting problems and evaluating model quality so the problems downstream can be avoided.
- Large projects support with hierarchical layer management, file locking, and enhanced support for worksessions, blocks, and reference files.
- Compatibility enhancements including improved PDF, AI 8+, STEP, DWG/DXF, PLY, DGN, FBX, Google Earth, SketchUP, and WAMIT support.
- Software developer tools for users and third-party developers include an update C++ SDK, a new .NET SDK, and a new rendering SDK (RDK), and a update openNURBS Toolkit.
Uninhibited free-form 3D modeling tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Model any shape you can imagine.
Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyse, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewellery.
Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
Read and repair extremely challenging IGES files.
Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualisation without being distracted by the software.
Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning. Priced like other Windows software. No maintenance fees.
Extremely fast 3 D graphics, unlimited viewports, shaded, working views, perspective working views, coordinate read-out, named views, floating/dockable command area, pop-up recently-used commands, clickable command options, auto-complete command line, customizable pop-up commands, pop-up layer manager, synchronise views, camera-based view manipulation, perspective match image, configurable middle mouse button, customizable icons and user workspace, customizable pop-up toolbar, transparent toolbars, context sensitive right-click menu, dockable dialogs, multiple monitor support, Alt key copy and OpenGL hardware support with anti-aliasing.
User Support and Documentation
Localised interface (user selectable) and documentation directly through McNeel with extensive explorer-like online help, PDF manual, electronic updates, automatic service release availability notification, newsgroup support (24x7), telephone and e-mail support*.
Unlimited undo and redo, undo and redo multiple, exact numeric input, units including feet and inches and fractions, .x, .y, .z point filters, object snaps with identifying tag, grid snaps, ortho, planar, named construction planes, next and previous construction planes, orient construction plane on curve, layers, layer filtering, groups, background bitmaps, object hide/show, show selected objects, select by layer, select front most, color, object type, last object, and previous selection set, swap hidden objects, object lock/unlock, unlock selected objects, control and edit points on/off, and points off for selected objects.
Point, line, polyline, polyline on mesh, free-form curve, circle, arc, ellipse, rectangle, polygon, helix, spiral, conic, TrueType text, point interpolation, control points (vertices), sketch.
Create Curves from Other Objects
Through points, through polyline, extend, fillet, chamfer, offset, blend, from 2 views, cross section profiles, intersection, contour on NURBS surface or mesh, section on NURBS surface or mesh, border, silhouette, extract isoparm, projection, pullback, sketch, wireframe, detach trim, 2-D drawings with dimensions and text, flatten developable surfaces, extract points.
Control points, edit points, handlebars, smooth, fair, change degree, add/remove knots, add kinks, rebuild, refit, match, simplify, change weight, make periodic, adjust end bulge, adjust seam, orient to edge, convert to arcs, a ployline, or line segments.
From 3 or 4 points, from 3 or 4 curves, from planar curves, from network of curves, rectangle, deformable plane, extrude, ribbon, rule, loft with tangency matching, developable, sweep along a path with edge matching, sweep along two rail curves with edge continuity, revolve, rail revolve, blend, patch, drape, point grid, heightfield, fillet, chamfer, offset, plane through points, TrueType and Unicode (double-byte) text.
Control points, handlebars, change degree, add/remove knots, match, extend, merge, join, untrim, split surface by isoparms, rebuild, shrink, make periodic, Boolean (union, difference, intersection), unroll developable surfaces, array along curve on surface.
Box, sphere, cylinder, tube, pipe, cone, truncated cone, ellipsoid, torus, extrude planar curve, extrude surface, cap planar holes, join surfaces, TrueType text.
Fillet edges, extract surface, Booleans (union, difference, intersection).
From NURBS surfaces, from closed polyline, mesh face, plane, box, cylinder, cone, and sphere.
Explode, join, weld, unify normals, apply to surface, reduce polygons.
Cut, copy, paste, delete, delete duplicates, move, rotate, mirror, scale, stretch, align, array, join, trim, split, explode, extend, fillet, chamfer, offset, twist, bend, taper, shear, orient, orient planar object on curve, flow along curve, smooth, project, object properties.
Arrows, dots, dimensions (horizontal, vertical, aligned, rotated, radial, diameter, angle), text blocks, leaders, hidden line removal, Unicode (double-byte) support for text, dimensions, and notes. Dimensions in perspective views are supported.
Point, length, distance, angle, radius, bounding box, normal direction, area, area centroid, area moments, volume, volume centroid, volume moments, , hydrostatics, surface curvature, geometric continuity, deviation, nearest point, curvature graph on curves and surfaces, naked edges, working surface analysis viewport modes (draft angle, zebra stripe, environment map with surface color blend, show edges, show naked edges, Gaussian curvature, mean curvature, and minimum or maximum radius of curvature).
Shade, shade (OpenGL), shade selected objects, raytrace render (with textures, bumps, highlights, transparency, spotlights with hotspot, angle and direction control, point lights, directional lights, rectangular lights, linear lights, and shadows, and customizable resolution), render preview (OpenGL), render preview selected objects, turntable, RIB export, POV export, rendering plug-in support, settings saved in file.
Supported File Formats
DWG/DXF(AutoCAD 200x, 14, 13, and 12 ), SAT (ACIS, export only), DGN, FBX, X_T (Parasolid, export only), 3DS, LWO, STL, SLC, OBJ, AI, RIB, POV, UDO, VRML, BMP, TGA, CSV (export properties and hydrostatics), uncompressed TIFF, STEP, VDA, GHS, GTS, KML, PLY, SketchUP.
IGES (Alias, Ashlar Vellum, AutoFORM, AutoShip, Breault, CADCEUS, CAMSoft, CATIA, Cosmos, Delcam, EdgeCAM, FastSurf, FastSHIP, Integrity Ware, IronCAD, LUSAS, Maya, MAX 3.0, MasterCAM, ME30, Mechanical Desktop, Microstation, NuGraf, OptiCAD, Pro/E, SDRC I-DEAS, Softimage, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, SUM3D, SURFCAM, TeKSoft, Unigraphics), NASA GridTool, Yamaha ESPRi, Tebis.
Notes, templates, merge files, export selected objects, save small, incremental save, bitmap file preview, Rhino file preview, export with origin point, worksessions, blocks, file compression for meshes and preview image, send file via e-mail.
The Rhino SDK exposes most of the internal workings of Rhino, making it possible for third-party developers to create powerful plug-ins and add-ons, programmer's I/O tool kit with source code is available on openNURBS web site.
VBScript support exposes most of the internal workings of Rhino, making it possible to develop powerful scripts.
The RhinoScript ActiveX object can be accessed by many different programming languages including Visual Basic, Microsoft Word VBA, and Excel VBA.
Rhino can be run in the background by an application via the RhinoScript ActiveX object.
3D Digitising Support
MicroScribe, FaroArm, and Romer/Cimcore.
Support for SpaceBall and SpaceMouse
* Provided by McNeel
Rhino 4.0 - System Requirements
- Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor
- 200 MB disk space
- CD/DVD drive
- 512 MB RAM. 1 GB or more recommended.
- OpenGL graphic card recommended
- IntelliMouse recommended
- 3D digitiser optional
- 3D printer optional
Operating System Requirements
Rhino 4.0 runs exclusively on:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Home, Windows Vista*, Windows 7*
including an Intel Mac with BootCamp.
*Requires Rhino 4.0 Service Release 7 or above.
Rhino 4 will not run on:
- Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME
- Rhino 4.0 runs as a 32-bit application on Windows x64. Native Windows x64 is not supported.
- Rhino 4.0 does not run natively on Mac OS X.
- Rhino 4.0 does not run natively on Linux, or any other operating system not listed above.
- Virtualisation systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.