Sibelius 7 Academic Student Edition
Download: Available in your account immediately after purchase.
Look for similar items
Experience the latest generation of the world's best-selling music notation software
Please read the following important notice.
Avid's Sibelius 7 Academic Student software is boxed and shipped directly to the address you specify.
This product requires post-purchase eligibility verification. Only students* who meet Avid's eligibility criteria can purchase Avid products.
* Primary/Elementary school students, or students who attend courses at nongovernment accredited career/vocational schools arenot eligible.
Product does not contain the serial number required for installation. To receive the serial number, students must provide a valid student or teacher ID to Avid. For further information please see our F.A.Q. section.
If you purchase an Avid product and do not meet the eligibilty criteria, you will not pass the validation process and will be unable to return the product for a refund. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to this policy.
Sibelius 7 Academic Student for Windows & Mac
The fastest, smartest, easiest way to write music
Created by Avid, Sibelius 7 helps you create beautiful scores faster than ever before. Avid Sibelius 7 is sophisticated enough to meet the demands of top composers, arrangers, and publishers, yet simple enough for beginners and students. Work quickly with the brand-new, task-oriented user interface. Collaboration has never been easier thanks to full MusicXML interchange support and other sharing options.Experience your scores in stunning clarity with our exclusive, professional-quality sound library.
With all these advancements and many more, Sibelius 7 is the fastest, smartest, easiest way to write music.
What's in the box?
- Four Sibelius 7 installation DVDs
- Sibelius 7 Quick Start Guide
- Education eligibility verification card
- Sibelius 7
- PhotoScore Lite 7
- AudioScore Lite 7
- ReWire 1.7
- Sibelius 7 Sounds
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese & Spanish
Sibelius 7 Academic Student Features
Designed by musicians for musicians, Sibelius 7 is the fastest, smartest, easiest way to write music. You can even take your scores on the go with the Avid Scorch app for iPad.
- Task-oriented user interface
The brand-new Sibelius 7 user interface provides task-focused tabs that lead you through the process of creating a score from start to finish. Every feature has both an icon and a text description with full contextual help available when you need it- no more searching in submenus for common tasks.
- Professional sound library
Hear every nuance of your composition thanks to our new professional sound library. Sibelius 7 includes more than 38 GB of professional content, including a specially recorded symphony orchestra, rock and pop instruments, and more.
- Plays well with others
Sibelius 7 now includes high-quality MusicXML export using a built-in export engine that delivers superior results to existing third-party plug-ins, at no extra cost. You can now easily share files with friends and colleagues using hundreds of other music programs via MusicXML. Synchronize Sibelius with your digital audio workstation (DAW) with ReWire-a standard that lets you record audio from Sibelius on a DAW, such as Pro Tools. Now you can start playback in one program while it simultaneously starts in the other program.
- Native 64-bit support
Sibelius 7 is the ideal choice for musicians looking to unleash the full potential of their 64-bit operating systems. With full VST and Audio Unit compatibility, you can now load much larger and more realistic sound libraries. For compatibility, Sibelius 7 still supports your 32-bit computer, and you can run Sibelius 7 in 32-bit mode on a 64-bit system.
- Save time with ready-made teaching materials
The Worksheet Creator frees up many hours of your time by giving you a comprehensive range of ready-made teaching materials-over 1,700 worksheets, projects, exercises, songs, instrumental pieces, lyrics, posters, reference materials, and other resources. You can even adapt them to your own requirements or create your own worksheets based on the included blank templates.
- Streamlined classroom control
A single, simple Classroom Control window shows you all the Sibelius copies that are running, as well as the students' user names. You can freeze students' programs when you want them to pay attention. Get a copy of the score each student is working on-or send a score to any student, or to all of them at once. You can also prompt students to save a version of their scores with the Versions feature to help you track their progress. And it's all password protected for complete security.
Minimum requirements for Sibelius 7 software
- Windows: Windows Vista SP2 with the Platform Update Pack or later, Windows 7 SP1 or later, 1 GB RAM, 750 MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM drive.
- MAC: Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later, Mac OS X 10.7, 1 GB RAM, 750 MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM drive.
Recommendations for Sibelius 7 Sounds sample library*
- Windows: Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) or better, 4 GB total physical RAM, 40 GB total hard disk space (7200 rpm or faster drive recommended; SSD preferable), ASIO-compatible soundcard.
- MAC: Intel Core 2 Duo or better, 4 GB total physical RAM, 40 GB total hard disk space (7200 rpm or faster drive recommended; SSD preferable).
* You can use Sibelius 7 Sounds if your computer doesn't meet the recommended requirements, but you may find that you cannot use as many sounds simultaneously, and that sounds take a long time to load.