Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Student
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Information
Parallels does NOT come with a Windows OS you will need to purchase a Windos OS to run Windows on your machine
The leading choice for running Windows applications on your Mac without rebooting. Use the Mac you love. Run the Windows Apps you need
Please read the following important notice:
- Parallels Desktop software is provided as a digital download only.
- Only students who can prove their current academic status can purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac
- You can install your Parallels Desktop 112 for Mac license on 1 Mac only but you are allowed to purchase multiple licenses in case that you have more than one mac.
Please Note: For this special download offer, no refunds are available - read details in the System Requirements section.
You will need a Windows operating system to run PC programs. Parallels Desktop will not run these without the installation of a PC Operating system.
* Please note due to licencing restrictions, products purchased from software4students will not activate outside the United Kingdom or ROI
Please note we are unable to refund downloads after purchase.
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Overview
The easiest, fastest, and most powerful solution for running Windows applications on a Mac without rebooting. #1 choice of Mac users for over 8 years with over 5mln copies sold.
Mac coolness in Windows Apps
Launch Windows apps from the Dock, use OS x gestures in Windows apps, and copy & paste and drag & drop between Mac and Windows.
Switching from PC to Mac?
We make it easy to get all of your files, applications, browser bookmarks and more from your PC to your Mac. Just follow our Wizards.
Support for 16vCPUs and 64 GB of RAM lets you run even the most demanding applications with ease. We won’t slow you down.
Run any Windows Apps on Mac
Use Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Access and 100s of other applications not available on the Mac.
One click tuning
While we set up your Windows virtual machine, we’ll automatically tune it for what you’ll use it for the most: productivity applications, design, development or games.
It’s not just for Windows
Support for running a wide array of operating systems including OS X Mavericks, Windows 10, 8.1 & 7, Linux and Google Chrome means you can do just about anything on your Mac.
Ready for OS X Yosemite
We’re as excited as you about the upcoming Yosemite release. Our engineers are hard at work making sure that we bring the new Yosemite coolness to Windows apps too!
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Features
Now extended by up to 30%!
Now open 48% faster!
Mac Memory Management
Virtual machines use 10% less Mac memory!
One click and we will automatically set your virtual machine settings for optimal performance based on what you do most.
Real-time virtual disk optimization
Your virtual disk is automatically compacted while you work, so it takes only as much space on your hard disk as it really needs.
For Developers and IT Pros
Click to see all the new features for Developers and IT Pros
Mac native “Save to” in Windows
“Save as” in Microsoft Office 2016 applications to Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud Drive (when Yosemite is available) if they are set up on your Mac.
Mac native “Share” from Windows
“Share” files, text or web-pages from Windows using Internet accounts configured on your Mac. Post on Twitter, Facebook, etc., send via email, AirDrop, and Messages.
Mac native Special Characters
Insert OS X Special Characters like emoji, math symbols, currency signs and more can be inserted into Windows programs from the Edit menu.
Launchpad for Windows 8.1
We’ve even made the Windows 10, 8.1 Start Screen work like OS X Launchpad.
Windows apps added to Launchpad
As you install Windows apps, we automatically add them to Launchpad.
Support for 3+ button mouse
If you have custom mouse buttons set on a 3+ button mouse, those buttons will work in Windows applications and games.
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac System Requirements
- A Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor (Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- Minimum 2 GB of memory (4 GB of memory is recommended to run Windows 7 in a virtual machine or if your host OS is Lion)
- About 850 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
- About 15 GB of disk space for each virtual machine
- OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 or later
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or later
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.6 or later
32-bit Guest Operating Systems
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 SP1
64-bit Guest Operating Systems
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP0, SP1, SP2
Move your PC?
- 700 MHz (or higher) x86 or x64 processor (Intel or AMD)
- 256 MB or more of RAM
- 50 MB of hard disk space for installing Parallels Transporter Agent
- Ethernet or WiFi network adapter for migrating over network
- Supported Windows and Linux versions: Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Ubuntu Linux 8.04