iStopMotion 3 Home Edition
NEW iStopMotion 3 Home Edition
Fun for the whole family with Stop Motion Animation
Please read the following important notice:
- Official Boinx Software's iStopMotion software is provided as a digital download only.
Boinx Software's iStopMotion software is great for the whole family. All, from children and their parents to students and people with a passion for film-making can enjoy using iStopMotion.
Parents looking to spending a magic weekend with their kids. Feel the enthusiasm, energy and fun that make your kids learn like never before with iStopMotion Home. Stop motion animation is also an excellent way for kids to learn story-telling skills.
Students that want to impress their classmates and teachers by creating fun and unique projects for school, college or university. Students can easily learn using iStopMotion and get results immediately.
Professionals who want to explore the world of stop motion animation and create their own movies on a shoestring budget. Tools like the chroma keying are essential for the professional animator yet also fun for the kids who can now put their action figures on the moon.
iStopMotion helps you express your creativity, yet it remains very easy to use by everyone.
*Images are for illustration purposes only.
iStopMotion 3 Home Edition - Now Available at Software4Students!
The easy way to animate your story, one frame at a time.
Boinx's iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time-lapse capture for Mac users. It contains many exciting tools to help you express your creativity, yet it remains very easy to use.
Making your own movie on a shoestring budget with is easy with stop motion animation (also known as claymation). There is no need for a script, talented actors, a crew or a huge movie set. Just bring your toys and your fantasy, hook up your camera to your Mac and have a go. It is so easy, your kids can do it. You might even realize that you have the next generation of Tim Burtons at home!
What is Stop Motion Animation?
If you have ever watched films like Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" or you are familiar with "Wallace and Gromit", you have actually been watching stop motion in action. Stop motion consists on creating a sequence of still images paraded before your eye at high speed. The movement you see happens because there are small differences from one still image to the next.
Please note that capturing always uses the full quality of your camera.
NEW iStopMotion 3 Home Features
- Movie resolutions up to PAL (720ћ576, widescreen with non-square pixels; includes NTSC format).
- New in 2.5: 960ћ540 for web video.
iStopMotion 2 introduces a variety of new workflows to give animators the ability to fully concentrate on animating.
- Workflow based on convenient presets that keep the complexity from the user.
- Ships with common presets that cover most needs.
- Power users can customize all details to their needs.
- Presets also include export and playback settings.
Time Lapse Recording
- Capture a single frame or a sequence of frames at predefined intervals.
- You can now time-lapse a scene with a interval smaller than one second (depends on video resolution and hardware speed).
- AppleScript support lets you schedule start and stop as well as frequency of time lapse recording sessions.
- Automatic chroma-key color detection for easier use.
- Chroma-keying only changes the transparency of image pixels, not the image itself.
- Power users can customize range, feather and chroma-key color.
- Print good old flip books from your animation.
Animating your scene is the heart of your movie. iStopMotion provides several basic and advanced features to help you animate.
- Preview overlay gives animators precise control.
- Onion Skinning to make inter-frame motion visible.
- Grid. A overlaid grid can be displayed in the preview area helping the animator to position animated objects.
- Frames based user interface for easy editing.
- Title/Action Safe Area overlay.
- Aspect Ratio overlay for when you want to animate for different screens.
- Rearrange Frames for interesting effects.
- Capture multiple frames at once to reduce workload.
- Delete frames, for those rare occasions when you messed up.
Use images or movies for putting them behind or in front of your recording.
- Use bundled media as foreground and background objects.
There are a lot more shortcuts to be controlled via keyboard or speech recognition.
Tilt Shift Filter
Tilt Shift is an optical effect that makes your scene look like a minature and has become popular by being used in several TV ad campaigns.
- Control tilt shift filter parameters directly on the image.
- Not available for Intel GMA graphics.
Export your work to any common QuickTime movie format to use it as footage for iMovie or Final Cut or share it with your friends and colleges. QuickTime is a versatile file format that can be used in many applications. Produce movie files for DVD, HD video, web, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV.
- Simple export with provided export presets.
- Export using any QuickTime exporter installed on your computer.
How iStopMotion can Benefit Students
- Easy to use - Students learn how to use iStopMotion very fast and see the results of their work immediately.
- Working in groups is easier and students learn team skills.
- Students can develop original ideas and techniques.
- Learning while having fun - watching and creating films is a lot more interesting than presentations.
- Students of all levels can share their movies with classmates, friends, family and other schools.
- Students get used to the computer, language required to communicate the ideas.
NEW iStopMotion 3 Home Edition - System Requirements
- Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 with QuickTime 7.6.3
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer
- Strongly recommended: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or OSX Lion.
- G4/ Intel Mac Core Solo
- 1024MB RAM
- Compatible digital video camera, webcam, or digital still camera
- Recommended: Recent graphics processor. Tilt Shift is not supported on Intel GMA.
* Important Note: Unfortunately most Canon DSLR cameras are no working on Mac OS X Snow Leopard prior to v 10.6.8.
Software4Students Digital Download Policy
In relation to digital download software, the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 ("Regulations") give consumers the right to cancel orders for downloaded products or services during the period of seven working days after the day on which provision of the product or service being provided commences.
However, under the exceptions to these Regulations, you agree that this right of cancellation does not apply.
This enables Software4Students to prevent illegal distribution and/or reproduction of digital download software which is a significant problem that hurts Boinx Software and other vendors.